Sunday 15 April 2007

I'm Back!

Here I am again, the baby wot blogs...

My Auntie Sue has now gone home. It's been a lonely week. My parents are, well, I guess they're OK, but not as much fun as my Auntie. For example, my parent's don't feed me lemons.

We got up to lots of mischief, my Auntie and I. We frolicked in the Royal parks, had a picnic next to the Queen's house (it's a bit too big for one lady if you ask me: they should move all the Myzers, Tangs and add-ons in there instead. I think I'd take the ballroom as my bedroom!), and strolled through Notting Hill (didn't see Hugh Grant but that's a good thing as I'm a bit frightened of people with really floppy hair). I'm sad she's gone. She was the only person that was able to speak my language round here. Oh well, I guess my parents have time to learn.

Whilst Auntie Sue was here, we received a package from....now let me get this right...my 2nd cousin, but no removals... I got some spanking new clothes (one of my new t-shirts says "ladies man", how true, sigh). She got the size just right too: 12 months. What d'ya mean I'm only 3 months old? I have you know, my appetite is healthy, not greedy! Thank you 2nd cousin Janey! I'm gonna send you some pictures of how handsome I look (and I really do look very handsome!)


I had a good Easter. I got lots and lots of chocolate eggs. Sadly I'm unable to consume them as at the time I was not eating solids. BUT, now AFTER Easter, when the chocolate seems to have disappeared (in Momma somewhere I think), those parents have decided to start me on solids. But no roasted lamb, Italian pizzas or fois gras....RICE. Yep that's it.RICE. That's not rice with a delicious Peking duck and sweet and sour pork balls, not even paella. Just plain, boring rice. I informed my parents of my dislike of this menu by spitting out the first few mouthfuls all over Momma's new shirt. But then after a while I thought, well, I guess it's food...so down the hatch it went. I overheard Momma talking to Daddy this week and apparently the menu will extend to "mushed carrots" next week. If there's anyone reading this, I think you'd better call the child protection agency....I don't think these parents have a clue what they're doing. I should definately be on beef chili at the age of almost 4 months.

Anyway, after my Auntie left, Momma decided that I needed a rest. Actually I think she was the one who needed the rest, she just didn't want to admit it. So we've had a lazy week of lying around, eating, more lying around and a lot more eating. On Saturday, I experienced the great British sunshine (apparently in England they get one day of sunshine per year and Saturday was it). Around here, people get a little strange when the sun comes out. It's really not overly hot yet the men seem to don as little clothing as possible and by the end of the day they look like lobsters as they seem to turn red. The women also don as little as possible and wear gigantic dark glasses that take over their face. I've seen breakfast at Tiffany's; I know how dark glasses should be worn. So Momma dragged me to North London to a barbecue with some of her old friends she hasn't seen for 10 years (that was before I was born you know). There were lots of ladies there and I managed to test my new t-shirt out...and boy did it work. I also got to see Mr David Thorpe (he's practically famous in North London). I like him lots as he pulls the most stupidest of faces! ("Most stupidest"? that's not too grammatically correct is it? Hey, what the heck, I'm a baby, it's a miracle I can touch type!)

Well that's about it for today. I'm going to go to sleep in my new bed tonight (or as I call it "the prison cell" as there are many bars. Momma says they are to keep me safe as they keep out all the nasties, but I really know it's to stop me from causing mischief in the night, and calling Dominoes for a delivery). Hope everyone is well. I miss you all and can't wait to give y'all some sloppy kisses.

Love

Benjamin

xx

PS I'm getting weighed tomorrow...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Ben's Auntie said...

I WAS starting to worry that you had been naughty and they had put you in prison. I saw those bars in my room when I was there, and wondered what horrible things they might do with them.
Did you NOT just LOVE lemons, Ben? Your face looked like you did...I tried to slip you some Kaluha, but afraid Mums might not like that, I personally think it helps me sleep at night!
I don't think the shirt was probably what did the deed, man, you did it all by your lonesome!
Can't wait to hear about the weight..I'm guessing around 17.5 lbs by now. I mean, you did JUST start on rice (I just don't know what took them so long, sorry, I tried!).