Tuesday 27 March 2007

How many idiots does it take to put a cot together?

OK,

Today was going swimmingly: I had been fed, I was wearing a spunky new outfit (size 6-9 months), I was looking good, feeling good...and then all of a sudden I witnessed a situation almost worthy of a British situation comedy slot on BBC1. Well it would have been comical, IF the stars of the show weren't my PARENTS. How embarrassing.

We were given a lovely cot by a neighbour of Grammy and Grandpapas. Simple, right? NO! The afternoon went like this (I didn't miss a moment of this action as I sat on the futon in my room quietly observing this spectacle). Daddy looks scientifically at all the pieces of the cot and then starts screwing the sides together. Momma, watches Daddy screwing the sides together, whilst barking instructions at him. Daddy sighs a bit. Momma sighs some more. All the sides are screwed together except one. It doesn't quite fit. There aren't enough holes for the screws that are left. Then there is as Daddy manages to find some holes, but the parents can't figure out how to work the sliding side of the cot. Then Momma has a brain wave, as if she recalls a key learning objective from a Craft Design and Technology class she took at her secondary comprehensive school, and figures something out. So they try and put it together. But then they have to unscrew all the side of the cot to fit the side they couldn't fit in before. Lost? Think about how I felt.

And now, I still haven't got a bed to sleep in as my cot is still in pieces. Honestly, if I had control over my arms, I'd just get it done myself. However, I may call in the calvery...Grandpapa...He'll get it done in no time I'm sure, although I think he may have to use sellotape to stick the sides together. He's very good with sellotape.

Anyway, that took up MOST of the day. Sigh. I did do some writing today and picked up a pen for the first time and wrote something down on paper (in code of course - my parents think it's scribble but they've stuck in on the fridge nevertheless).

I'm a bit pooped now. I need to go and dream about eating monsters made from cheesecake. I'd have better dreams if I had a better bed!!

Will write more soon

Love

Benjamin
x

No comments: